The Winston-Salem Youth Hockey Association Jr Thunderbirds Scholarship / Financial Aid Program runs in accordance with the mission of the organization and is designated to provide an affordable, high quality hockey experience to those who have financial need. This program is not seen as a handout rather a financial assistance program made available to those who meet the qualifying criteria and are committed to the association.
Scholarship / Financial Aid is considered and granted but not limited to the following criteria:
• Availability of funding
• Financial need of parents and player applicant
• Financial good standing / prior history with the organization
• Number of years in the organization
• Academic record of child applicant
• Special personal circumstances
The WSYHA is committed to providing a confidential process for the consideration of financial aid. Information shall be reviewed by a private committee without the use of names.
To request financial aid, please complete the application